Tuesday 29 July 2008

Overdoing it?

Have been meaning to update this for a couple of weeks and am now struggling to remember exactly what i have done!

What i know i did do, according to AA route planner, was 104.7 miles of cycling on 13th July. I set off from home, over the Erskine bridge and up Loch Lomond side to Arrochar. The return journey took me down Loch Long and over the hills to Coulport. I just followed the road ahead through Kilcreggan, where i seriously contemplated getting on the boat back to Gourock. I didn't though, and carried on through Garelochhead, Helensburgh, Dumbarton and back over the bridge to get home. I was out for 6.5 hours and this included some stops for photography and pishing! My hope was to do 100miles in less than 6 hours, and i did. This was a favoured route when i did my Ironman prep a couple of years ago.

The week leading up to this effort was a mixture of mainly cycling with a little swimming, cautious running and a couple of hours walking with 10kg on my back. A total of almost 13 hours for the week.

Week beginning 14th July:

Monday: About 25miles cycling

Tuesday: 1000m swim then 4 mile run with the dodgy calf becoming dodgier.

Wednesday: 32 miles cycling

Thursday: about 7 miles walking with 10kg on my back

Friday: rest

Saturday: 104.7 miles of cycling. The above route in reverse(not cycling backwards).

Sunday: 10 mile run. Calf felt like it was going to explode. Not nice. About 14.5 hours in the bag this week.


Monday 21st: about 22 miles cycling

Tuesday: 32 miles cycling

Wednesday: 1000m swim

Thursday: rest day. Was becoming rather crabbit. Wonder if the long bike rides had anything to do with it!!!

Friday: 20 miles cycling

Saturday: 7 miles walking with 12kg on back

Sunday: 40 miles cycling. About 9.5 hours this week.

I may wait till next week before another attempt at running.

No comments: