Monday 7 July 2008

Another week down

Since last here i took a rest day on Monday then did 32 miles on the bike on Tuesday.

Wednesday had me back at the physio and he said i should just get back in to whatever i feel like doing. So, i had a 2000m swim after an amazing comeback at running a whopping 3km. I used the first1km loop to warm up, did plenty of stretching, then finished my final 2 loops of the local Battery Park. I ran on the grass hoping to minimise the impact but think losing a bit of my belly will be a better impact minimiser. My calf felt a wee bit stiff towards the end but no major fallout.

On Thursday i planned to do another couple of hours on the bike but the weather was honking worse than usual. I went to the gym instead. 15mins warm up on the stationary bike, 1hour on the cross trainer, 30mins on the stepper and final 15 mins back on the bike. I was taking it easy with an occasional burst of intensity to relieve the boredom. No leg problems.

Friday had me back at the battery park. I used the 1st lap to warm up, stretched(a lot) then did a further 9km. It felt good to be back running a distance of note. No leg complaints. it's all going to smoothly now.

On Saturday Elaine and me went for a walk. Not a gentle stroll but a manly walk. I decided to handicap myself by putting 10kg of stuff into my backpack. We covered about 11 miles and my quads were feeling it towards the end. A good reminder of a need to get more of this sort of thing done in preparation for next year.

Sunday, felt like going for a long bike ride but just lay down until the feeling passed. i'm stuill feeling a bit fatigued today but will endeavour to do something after work(where i am not writing this!!!)

My knee feels a little spongey today but nothing terribly significant, i hope.

Total swim 2000m
cycled 64 miles
walked 11 miles with 10kg napsack on my back
ran 13km

Total time of about 8.75 hours.

I need to improve my diet.

2 comments:

Rach's MdS said...

I like the bit 'thought about going for a long bike ride and had a lay down until the feeling had passed'. Sounds like my kind of bike ride. I'm still psyching myself up to go back to spinning. I felt violated last time. Glad the leg's behaving itself.

Anonymous said...

Yup, me too. Only bit of that schedule I managed was the lying down. Unless you count arm curls with pint tumblers.