Saturday 25 October 2008

Time to catch up(abridged version)


Since last here, Elaine and me have had a relaxing fortnight in the Dominican Republic. I managed a few runs and got on the spin bikes at the gym there a couple of times. Unfortunately, the running got knocked on the head at the end of the first week when i got my toe mangled by a big German. He came crashing through the net at the beach volleyball(very inconsiderate).


I have been making good progress on the achilles front due to a regime including icing, rubbing and heating of the offending parts, as suggested by one of the wise men on themds.co.uk.
I have also finally decided to mainly follow the ultra plan on http://www.halhigdon.com. I've been following it for almost four weeks now but I'll be modifying it a little so that i also get some walking time in on the bigger endurance days as well as a little speed and strength stuff. I had started including core strengthening exercises but these have gone by the wayside the past couple of weeks. They will return again along with the squatting and lunging i have kept up, again as recommended by the same wise man. I can really feel the difference with these. Good times!




No comments: